We are in the middle of week 9 right now but I haven't posted our week 8 report and I'm trying to keep up to date on our reports.
For week 8 we finished up Turkey Lips' castle
I don't have any other pictures for week 8 but we moved along in Math and Turkey Lips is doing well. I do have to have him go back and rework some problems only because they are very messy and he is unable to read what he has written.
Turkey Lips enjoyed our literature book for the week, The Minstrel in the Tower. We read it through and he did the TOG worksheet and then asked if I would read it again. Then he read a few chapters on his own.
SWR is slow goin :( I need to work in more ways of practicing the words. Turkey Lips gets frustrated and says "I know how to spell the words and then I get to the test and I don't know how". He seems to be right because alot the time when we review the words orally he gets them right.
We have fallen behind in our individual work so I need to keep on top of that.
So far I have learned that I need to just focus on that day and take little "bites" at a time and then by the end of the week we have "eaten the elephant" :)
Well this is a short report but in a couple of days I will be reporting on this week :)

2 comments:
Very cool castle!
~Tina
It was a great reprot! I feel the same way with our weeks... I take it one day at a time, and we accomplish what we can and just continue on next week.
I have dropped my online co-op so my daughter can begin Rhetoric level work and go at a slower pace if she needs to. We are not using TOG this week, but will begin reviewing week 9 in year 3 next week. We have taken a Lewis and Clark break again.
I love the Castle! How cool is that for a boy to build?!
I look forward to your report for this week.
Lisa~
Post a Comment