Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 13




















It has been a great week. For history we are still studying WWI. This week we concentrated on trench warfare. The boys both built models of trenches and took them to co-op. It is amazing what men had to go through during WWI and I'm sure all wars. When are reading about it, it seems impossible for a person to go through such horrible things.

We are moving along in our other subjects. Grammar is giving TL some trouble and I plan to camp out in helping verbs and conjugating verbs for the next week. LL is going to camp out in spelling and work on reviewing some trouble words for him.

TL is enjoying his reading book on Archemedies. It is hard to keep books around for TL to read. He read the abridged version of Wind in the Willows in three days. I have been trying to read ahead of him but it is very difficult to keep up. I am going to have to look for some new book series to get him started on.
LL fixed lunch for us today. He told me yesterday that I didn't need to worry about lunch because he was going to take care of it. He followed through and served us peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and grapes. He did a well. :)
TL and a friend from co-op were both making a quilt. Here is TL's friend with his finished quilt.

No comments: