We have completed week 2. It was a good week. Right now my parents are living with us and I think it can be hard for the boys to be focused on school work sometimes with other people around. However it is a good lesson for them to learn. They will have to be focused and not easily distracted. I think I need to learn that lesson too. :)
The subjects we covered this week:
Bible, Science, Math, Handwriting, Phonics (LL), Grammar
Next week we will be adding in:
Spell to Write and Read
Writing With Ease
First Language Lessons
Memory Work
I have enjoyed being back to the no TV on school days. I have seen a change in the boys and I'm happy to see our cheerful, playfyl, inventive boys back.
TL has really been enjoying his science program. He likes the Gizzmos and Gadgets book the most. Each day he builds something out of it. The favorite this week was the catapult. It was made out of a two liter bottle and he was launching beans with it. Yesterday afternoon he was on the side of the house trying to build a bigger catapult out of a tree branch that had fallen in a recent storm. Thankfully the tape he chose to use to hold the "basket" that the rock would sit in wasn't strong enough and so it came off. I told him all future weapons of war must be approved by is commander... i.e. DH :) I could just see him launching a rock into the neighbors window. This is when you wished you lived on acres. I still want him to try and build it but we need to take it over to the park to launch it.
LL's reading is really improving. Last year I only had him read two pages a day from a beginning reader and that was plenty for him to tackle. This year he has started reading four pages and he moves through those pretty quickly. He had an origami book in one of his workboxes this week and he has been busy making things out of it. He wanted to start with the frog (which is one of the hardest in the book) but I convinced him to start at the beginning to learn how to do it. So far he has a made a dog and lots of fish.
FP is content to be sitting on the floor with everything going on around her. She now goes from sitting up to laying on her tummy and trying to "inch worm" around. I have a feeling it won't be long until she is mobile! Yikes.
This is Turkey Legs working on a quilt that he is selling at our Art Benefit show in three weeks. Above is a close up of the work in progress. He has done all of the cutting and sewing for this project. He laid out the squares as well. I did have to help him when we got a row out of order. :)
This is Lizard Legs third piece of artwork for the Art Benefit show. This is still a work in progress. His plan is to layer bunches of hand prints on top of one another. We are having to let them dry between each layer.

1 comment:
Keep up the good work. You are doing great. I love to see the kids enjoy learning. DH
Post a Comment