Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 4





We had a great week. Concentrating on the activities is working. Both boys are thinking through what the craft is and why it is representing the Medieval times. We have also been watching some short videos from the library on the Medeival times. The are titled Life in the Middle Ages and then there are seperate ones for Nobles, Serfs, Merchants, Doctor, and Knight. We also watched a movie based on the book Castle by David Macaulay it is a PBS Home Video.


I read a children's version of Beowulf (a short picture book that isn't really scary). You should know that Beowulf is my favorite piece of literature. I know its strange. Anyway I read it to the boys and gave it all I had...apparently it was a little too much. They were so scared they didn't want to leave the school room. Note to self... don't try to dramatize books too much :)


All in all I am pleased with the week. We have some notebook work to do this afternoon and the week will be finished up.



6 comments:

Betsy said...

Loved your pictures and enjoyed your Beowulf story. Looks like the boys are having lots of fun while they are learning!

Jessica said...

Wow Kerri! I love the pictures, you made me laugh with the little captions!

What a great week, wonderful hands-on learning. This is so much fun to see what others are doing.

:) Jessica

Karen said...

Beowulf is my favorite too. I have loved it since high school. I am planning to torture my high school son with it twice this year. Your week looks wonderful.

Jennefer said...

Kerri,

It all looks great! I love the costumes you made your boys. When it comes time for us to do that can I send you the fabic to sew?? Lol! I can hardly sew a button on correctly.

Have a blessed week 5!
Jennefer

PS. A little cyber-accountability ... hit the pavement this week. I ran 2x last week but want to run 3 or 4 this week! Let me know how it goes if you get out there.

Riverfront Headmistress said...

It looks as if you had a great week!

my5wolfcubs said...

Love all those pictures, Kerri!! What fun you are having (save the Beowulf drama!)...the shields, the hats, the dinos!
Lee