
I am giving our report for week 3 now even though we will start week 4 tomorrow.
We had a busy week last week and have had Nanny and Gramps here visiting for Labor Day. Thanks to Jessica at Trivium Academy http://triviumacademy.blogspot.com/ She has designed the graphic above and the Weekly Reporter button on the side column. They are for all of the families that are reporting from their homeschools each week. I think this is great because it is motivation and encouragement all in one. If you go to Jessica's site you will find in the side bar links to all of the other blogs for weekly reports.
For week three we were studying BarBar, To Duet or not to Duet for FIAR and Byzantine Empire and Rise of Islam for Tapestry of Grace. We fit 5 days of school into 3 days this week. (Don't want to do that again!). However I think that for FIAR we are going to go ahead and row BarBar again this week.
Turkey Lips:
He did 40 words this week for SWR. I had a better understanding of SWR thanks to the ladies on the Well Trained Mind board.
Math U See is going well. He is working on estimating and seemed to catch right on. He does get a little bit confused with the names of different operations. For example and inequality and estimating. He knows how to do both but doesn't necessarily know the names of each operation.
Geography - so far he has the southern, northern, and eastern borders memorized.
Memorization - he is working on a poem called True Nobility by Edgar Guest (I found this poem on Jessica's blog)
TOG - as the pictures showed above we started working on domes. The domes are for the mosque we built. I will have to post pictures of the finished mosque later this week.
Turtle Toes
He is still enjoying Making Math Meaningful. We are zipping through the lessons because he wants to do it so often.
SWR - Turtle is working on memorizing the single letter phonograms. I am also having/letting :) him watch the Leap Pad video called The Letter Factory to help reinforce the sounds.
FIAR - We didn't get to spend as much time on BarBar as I wanted to this week so we are going to continue it this week. I was able to find a great cd called Beethoven's Wig. It has the Surprise Symphony by Haydn on it which is mentioned in BarBar.
TOG - He liked getting to work with paper mache too :)
Ok so that was our week. This week should be great too!



2 comments:
I loved your weekly report. I am learning lots from you b/c we are using completely different curriculums. That's one of the great thing about reading other mom's weekly reports - lots of ideas and learning going on (at least for me).
Hope your next week is wonderful, too!
Blessings,
Jennefer
PS Have you been running much?
Slide Show -- Those Natural Bridge pictures are so cool! I will have to look into going there when my parents visit!! I laughed about the paper mache drying so quick. :)
My 5yo is still learning the phonograms too -- blending is beyond his ability right now.
Still no FIAR...but I like reading about what you're doing!
Lee
Post a Comment