Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our Colorado Trip

We had a great time in Colorado. We went back to help throw a baby shower for my sister in law. She is expecting a baby girl! The boys helped me make a diaper cake before we left for Colorado.

Here is the finished product. It is made completely out of diapers! I found the idea on the internet.


While we were there we visited my brother at his fire station. It ended up being pretty late and when we got there they were in the middle of a drill. The boys got a kick out of seeing their uncle spraying a fire hose while standing on a ladder. After the drill the firemen let the boys spray hoses and tour the station.





On our way home we camped for two nights a Mesa Verde National Park. There are cliff dwellings from the Ancelstral Puebloans (Anasazi). We took a tour of Cliff Palace first. A Park Ranger headed up the tour and took us down into the dwelling. We were all amazed looking at these homes built into the side of a cliff.

I will post more later....

1 comment:

Margie said...

Incredible photos. It made me want to take my family to Mesa Verde. I forget just how many things there are to see right here in the U.S. I always think you have to go overseas to see things that are really old.
I have questions about TOG. I researched it many years ago. My children were really young. They still are. 7yo, 4yo, 3yo. I always thought TOG was too much for us, for their ages. It always seem to be for older children. Now, I am rethinking it. Please help me, if I were to start it next year, where should I start? My son started in 1st grade with Ancient History (We were going to follow the 4 year cycle) However, we did not have a good year. I looked for something this year that HE might like. I have MFW, which starts about 1000A.D., so we skipped over many years. I am supplementing with Veritas history cards to keep up with world hisotry since MFW this year is American. You can email me if you have time to respond. I am sorry this is a long comment. Thanks for your help.