Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 5



The big news this week is our art show. It was wonderful. The kids from co-op did an excellent job! We raised $1,000 for the Woodford family. The kids were thrilled with the amount. Our co-op is thinking that at the beginning of each school year we will have a show and pick a different family/cause to benefit. TL and LL's best art pieces were bought by their Nanny and Gramps. It took all I had not to buy those pieces myself :)



Our school week was fairly uneventful. We did our core subjects and managed to get in all of our history reading and science reading in. This can be difficult. :) Which I'm sure is no surprise. I'm still learning to juggle it all with a baby. There are so many things that we need to do, that we want to do and that we have to do.....
Here is LL's notebook page on Complete Metamorphosis. I'm very proud of him. He has kept complete and incomplete metamorphosis straight in his mind. I'm finding it a little more difficult.
TL's favorite science project for the week. He built it from paper towel tubes and egg cartons. Then put marbles on the tubes and sent on marble down from the top. The middle marbles stayed put but the last marble went down the chute. Why, you may ask? Well because the moving marbles energy is transferred. Don't you love physics.
That is it for this week!

No comments: