After listening to the book Turkey Lips asked me if dragons were real. My immediate response was no. I mean really, dragons couldn't be real. Of course all of the stories that include dragons were fairy tales. Something made me pause (as I think back I truly wonder if it was God who made me pause, after all its His creation that I was trying to immediately dismiss). I googled "are dragons real". I came up with some weird stuff but I also came up with the Answers in Genesis website. I was familiar with their website and have even subscribed to their magazine in the past. The first article I read on their site was this one. http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v22/i3/dragons.asp After reading it I read this one. http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i3/dinosaurs.asp So now I had read two articles that said dragons could have been real. Toward the end of the second article there was a scripture reference.... Job 41:1-34. I read the passage to myself and slowly a smile spread across my face. Now I new that the Bible reference dinosaurs and I read the passage before but I never read it trying to figure out if God had created dragons. I got to verse 18 and just about shouted outloud! "The leviathan's snorting throws out flashes of light. Its eyes shine like the first light of day. Fire seems to spray out of its mouth. Sparks of fire shoot out. Smoke pours out of its nose. It is like smoke from a boiling pot over burning grass. Its breath sets coals on fire. Flames fly out of its mouth. Its neck is very strong. People run to get out of its way. Its rolls of fat are close together. They are firm and can't be moved. Its chest is as hard as a rock. It is as hard as a lower millstone. When the leviathan rises up, even mighty people are terrified. They run away when it moves around wildly. A sword that strikes it has no effect. Neither does a spear or dart or javelin....." I called Turkey Lips over and said listen to this. I read the verses to him and watched as a huge smile came across his face. I finished reading and he said "They were real!!". Excited doesn't begin to describe how Turkey Lips reacted.
Our God is an awesome God! His creation is magnificent and it reflects His glory and might. God created Dragons this I know for His bible tells me so!!!!!!

2 comments:
We thought that was great too! It made us wonder what other "fantasy" creatures might have been real....
Happy Saturday!
Lisa
Thanks so much for that information! My son who is 8 will love that. I think I had never thought about dragons being real. I enjoy your blog. You seem like a very fun teacher/mom. :)
~Rhonda
Homeschool mom to 3
Post a Comment