Ok.....
Math: Both boys are plugging along. Turkey Lips has realized that he will have to do two pages in math :) in one day. I have found it helps to send him to a room that Turtle Toes and I are not in. I'm going to need to buy the next MUS book for Turkey Lips because he as 4 lessons left. Oh Honey.....I'm going to need some Money (said in my sweetest singsong voice...think Sound of Music...ok you don't have to laugh out loud :) ) Turtle Toes is going to need the Primer from MUS. Oh Honey.....
Reading:
- Turkey Lips has been reading for 20min on his own at rest time and then also reading out loud to me. His out loud reading this week has been about Christmas in England (he had to do a project for Co-op). We have taken a break from SWR for the month of December. I'm probably going to regret that when we come back to school in January but my plan is to take SWR on Christmas vacation with me and hammer out a solid plan on how I want to use it. From previous posts you can see that I'm floundering a bit with this curriculum however I REALLY like it. I need to work on how it fits best for Turkey Lips.
- Turtle Toes is chipping away at the BOB Books. I went to the library and got some harder ones. His response..... "these have more words" :)
TOG:
- We had a great week with TOG although we didn't do any of the hands on activities. (because we have been doing Christmas stuff)
- We learned about Ferdinand Magellan. We all thought it was wonderful. We had a great time reading about him and tracing his route on the globe.
- We also reviewed a bit on Christopher Columbus from last week. We also listened to an audio story on Christopher Columbus that we all enjoyed.
Christmas:
- We are still working on our Christmas Symbols lapbook and we will finish that up this week.
- We also read various Christmas books.
Fun:
- A desert snowball fight!

5 comments:
LOL! Thats great! A "snow ball" fight! Great week...
will you be posting about your lapbooks?? fun, fun, fun!
Looks like a great week. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love the snowball fight!!
Do you like your Christmas lapbook? I looked at so many, then didn't start one in time for this year, but I'm thinking I want to do one for next year.
Now my kids would love that type of snowball fight!
Are you doing the HOAC Christmas Symbols lapbook? If so, we are using that one too. We should be done by the end of this week too. :o)
Have a wonderful week!
~Tina
What a wonderful idea; I am going to have to borrow your marshmallow snowball fight! My boys were saying they wanted a white Christmas and that may fill in the gap for this year!!!
This is our last week of school (light though) and then we are taking a 3 week break. I hope to do some planning during our off time as well.
Blessings and a very Merry Christmas!!!
Jennefer
What a great use of marshmallows!
Lee
Post a Comment