Week 11 started unit 2 for TOG.
This was the first week that I had him read his literature assignment as his outloud reading for the day. I normally read the book outloud. Now why I didn't have him do it I don't know but I am meeting some resistance from him. He wants me to read the book because it is "too long". This too shall pass :)
We read a section from this book
on Leonardo Da Vinci. Turkey Lips and Turtle Toes were quite impressed that a famous artist was named after a ninja turtle. I spent a little bit of time explaining it was the other way around. None the less in their minds it gave more credibility to Leonard Da Vinci that a ninja turtle had the same name. :)
Our activity this week was very simple. We have started studying the color wheel. This week we colored in the primary colors.
Turkey Lips started reading the second Boxcar Children book for outloud reading and he has also started reading for 20 min during his rest time. This week he picked a book about the Titanic.
Math - ugggg. It is going ok but with column addition Turkey Lips is discovering that he really has to take his time and recheck his work for simple mistakes.
We read "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" for our FIAR book for Turtle Toes. We haven't done any activities with it but we did read the book each day!
The highlight of the week has been reading Bartholomew's Passage, our Christmas lapbook (from Hands of a Child) and our Jesse Tree for advent.
I am busy sewing still and made a bag for myself :)
and I also finished up all of the bags that I am giving as gifts. 
My sewing area reflects the sewing that has been going on. I have a few little things I would still like to work on.
Last night we had some shopping to do.
One warm coat $30.
Two warm sweat suits $3o.
Three warm shirts $30.
Warm socks and a warm drink $12.

Going back for a Colorado Christmas..... Priceless

5 comments:
We are reading Bartholomew's Passage as well!
I love the pictures below.... priceless *Ü* We have been working on some lap books too. I made one that I found online for free of the Nativity. I made it for my nephew, and RyLee has been working on the Grinch and Polar Express to give as gifts as well.
I love December....
Great week... I had fun reading it.
Lisa
Good week! We are doing a Jesse Tree for the first time this year.
Great pictures! My front yard looked that snowy on Saturday.
At least you have your weekly report up. Mine should have been up on Sat. Today I will do it. :o) Better late than never I guess. :o)
I didn't know HOAC had a Jesse Tree Lapbook. Something to remember for next year. ;o)
We are reading Jotham's Journey this year.
I always enjoy your reviews. Have a wonderful new school week!
Blessings~Tina
You are awesome! Love you,
Honey
Post a Comment