I posted over on the WTM Board asking for some ideas for our workshop board. This is going to be a board with library pockets on it with 3x5 cards in the pockets in them. The cards will have activities for the kids to do while I'm helping the other kiddo. Of course now that I type this out I'm wondering why I just don't put all of the index cards in a box and save some room! :) Well I'll work that out later. Here is the list that I have compiled from the replies on the WTM board and some other places.
computer games
online games
use butcher paper to draw on
alphabet stamps
puzzles
wood crafts (Michaels sells kits for $1 and they include paint, wood, and sandpaper. The have different planes, boats, helicopter and a few more.
Jr. Boggle
sequencing cards
activity bags
draw a picture about a poem
sequence cards for a poem
make a shape book
geoboards
music time with headphones
audio book with headphones
lace up cards
special books - sharks, pirates, etc. (these only come out for this purpose)
special markers and colored pencils
magnet board
play dishes and food
train set
play dough
water colors
clothes line set up between 2 chairs. You could even let them was some of their own clothes in a shallow pan (younger set)
sock toss
Chess
Magnet Match (Discover Toys)
Rat a tat Cad card game
memory
Playmobil
Lego
Zooreka (from cranium)
Color timeline figures
tanagram puzzles
pattern blocks
make snowflakes
rock painting
dot to dot
dot painting
floam
fruit loop necklace
stamping
color by number or letter
copywork/penmanship
easy drawing books
Origami
Draw Write Now
Post office (a little bin filled with things to play post office)
Easter Egg match - label one half of the egg with a part of speech and then label the other half of the egg with a word that matches that part of speech. Then take all of the eggs apart and they have to match them up.
math word problems
O.K. that is all I have for now. Just a reminder these aren't all my ideas. I just gathered them :)
a few more...
Read Poems
Read Chapter Book ~
Make a map of your room ~
Make a bookmark ~
Make a drawing of our school room ~
Write a Story using a blank book (I bought some at homeschool convention) ~
Draw definitions of 4 words (she loves looking up words in the dictionary)
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great list!! I need to employ some of these ideas.
I can see pros & cons of both the workshop board & the file box. The workshop board would take up more space but the file box might end up "out of sight, out of mind."
Keep adding to your list and be sure to share pictures if you make a board!
Lee
Post a Comment