We are going to be starting school on July 23rd. I had wanted to start two weeks earlier but it didn't work out that way. I have been slowly tackling my to do list....
Set up SWR log booksSet up mini offices for both boyshttp://www.teachingheart.net/minioffice.html This is something I heard about that alot of public school teachers use. I thought it would work great for our school as well. I have been able to customize it for each of the boys. I like the idea of them being able to see how a letter is supposed to be written in cursive or having a number line or 100s chart infront of them to use.- Workshop Board - I first heard about this from another homeschool mom. The idea is that when you a busy working with your other child/children you can send the child that is done with their work to the workshop board to pick an activity (educational) that only takes a little bit of time. For example one of the activities could be - draw a map of your room (my kids like maps). I am going to brain storm for ideas and then put them on 3x5 cards and use library pockets to put them in. We will see how it works out. :)
Set 36 hanging file folders and put TOG student pages, maps, and worksheets in the correct week.Decide on school calendarPut sticker labels on TOG booksPlan out FIAR books for Turtle Toes and decide which ones we will do lapbooks for.- Set up notebooks
Print out TOG lapbooks- Plan science units for year: Astronomy, Human body, Insects, Desert, Weather
Daily Schedule- Plan out memory work
Design geographyand weather center - I am going to use display boards for this. Hopefully I can post pictures later.

5 comments:
Looks like a great year you have planned! I'm using TOG Yr 1, SWR (half-heartedly) and B4FIAR, as well...I wish I was half as organized as you plan to be!! :) Looking forward to your pictures of the the geo/weather center!
Lee (WTM board)
Nice blog! You have gorgeous little boys!!
Have a great day!
Nice blog!
I have never heard of anyone using mini-office - thanks for the link!
Nice to see the pics of your young boys!
I like your blog! I'm over from the wtm boards. I really like your family photo on the sidebar!
I'm starting TOG year 1 this year, just placed the order last night...you sound like a very organized person, I enjoy seeing how others organize/plan, maybe it will rub off on me!!
I saw an idea like your educational board at a Montessori school I visited, they had a large jar that had projects listed on paper- the kids could choose one, they also had a jar with slips of paper for writing projects, prompts and assignments.
blessings,
Hi! Nice blog :) We've been using FIAR for the last 2 years and love it. We do lapbooks too. Sounds like you have some good plans for this year. Good luck getting everything ready for the 23rd. We're not starting until Aug. 20 here.
Kristiana (from WTM boards)
Post a Comment