My first blog post. This is a little bit intimidating. Oh well I'll just jump in.
I am currently trying to deep clean my house so that I can then move on to my summer planning for our next homeschool year. See how well I'm doing. I am on the computer talking about how I need to deep clean. I have actually accomplished some things.
I love to plan and I particularly love to plan our homeschool. I would much rather be planning than.... Well you get the idea. But my planning must wait unitl I have finished the house so that I can plan without guilt.
We are currently on summer break from school and have been now for 3 weeks. We will start back up in the middle of July full force but will be slowly adding reading and math back in starting next week. With my mind far from school (ok I'll be honest it is never far from school. I am constantly pondering how to make something educational) my oldest son who is 7 and has now entered the wonderful world of reading picked up a Magic Tree House book and read it all. I was shocked. Not so much that he was able to do it, but that he chose on his own to read. That makes me smile.
We spent about 30 minutes discussing the book (by his leading, I didn't want to mess it up by asking to many questions) while swimming in the pool (it was just completed and this was our first time in!). I was pleased with what he was able to tell me about what he read. So there is my first "proud mommy moment" that I get to post. Well done Turkey Lips (my 7yr old).
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment